TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are seeking to recruit a technical sales representative who is of high integrity and self-driven with a passion in technical sales and marketing to join our team of frontline staff. The successful candidate will be assigned technical sales and marketing duties in any of our branch divisions within our countrywide branch network. The ideal candidate shall have demonstrated selling and marketing experience in technical equipment in addition to the following other requirements:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design of CCTV, access control systems, fire systems, electric fence and any other technical installation, and production of quotations/technical drawings/ proposals/specifications etc.
Effective development of new business in line with sales targets
- Ensure effective development of sales of new and existing technical products.
- Identification of potential new business opportunities for secure solutions through consultation and cooperation with operational management and sales manager with planned prospecting, leads, cold calling, tender notices.
- Arrange and conduct meetings with new and existing business prospects where appropriate, to market SGA’s integrated secure solutions.
- Conduct / arrange site surveys to identify risks and develop appropriate solutions to meet customer needs.
- Producing technical related quotations that are accurately costed.
- Reach and achieve sales targets, focusing on high margin business.
- Preparation and submission of weekly technical sales report: Appointments, Prospects, Signed business
- Prepare and submit sales proposals and tenders to prospective customers.
- Liaise with bid’s team on quality and consistency of sales tenders/bids.
- Link between client and SGA team at the point of installation.
- Reporting to the Technical Supervisor
The ideal candidate
Knowledge and Qualifications
- University Degree/ Technical Diploma/Engineering Diploma preferably science background.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a target driven environment or related security field.
- 5 Year work experience in a similar role (Security Industry Advantageous)
- Knowledge of project management
- Sound knowledge of security technical installations
- Good knowledge of surveillance and access controls systems
- Technically adept with good practical skills
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Google & MS)
- Able to interpret customer’s detailed specifications and drawings
- Strong numerical, analytical skills and a strong financial acumen
- High attention to detail
- Good level of customer service and customer liaison skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English with good communication skills
- Proven ability to manage workload with quickly changing and often conflicting priorities
- Willing to work out of business hours where deadlines necessitate
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Driving delivery
- Customer focus
- Professional credibility
- Delivering objectives
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may forward their CV’s & application letters to Hr@ke.sgasecurity.com stating the subject heading “TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE” by 30th November 2021.
Any further enquiries may be addressed to the Human Resource Office.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Technical Sales Representative. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks & responsibilities. The management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary