SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
SGA KENYA LIMITED
SGA Kenya Limited is a multinational security organization with fixed base operations in the East Africa region, servicing security contracts throughout Africa from its regional headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
The company offers a full spectrum of security services, ranging from static guards and dog patrols through to sophisticated electronic security, access control and surveillance equipment.
With over 50 years of operating experience and employing over 17,500 personnel in the region, SGA Kenya Limited has the resources and capability to handle all our client's security requirements
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
SGA is seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join the team at the group Headquarters based in Nairobi. This is a new role in a fast-growing multinational group which offers significant career development opportunities including the opportunity to build, shape and evolve the scope of the role. The internal audit role is part of the overall control/risk management environment established by Executive Management and the Board of Directors aimed at providing assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control throughout SGA. This is a crucial role in providing audit coverage on the areas of financial and accounting systems and processes, (incl. revenue assurance), treasury and credit controls, financial regulatory reporting, tax compliance, business systems and processes, IT, investigations, contracts, and business risk assessments. The position reports to the Group Chairman & CEO and the Group Board Audit Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate periodic enterprise and process-based risk assessments; identify risks and control gaps; update the relevant risk assessments, making changes to the audit plan as appropriate.
- Attend relevant meetings (e.g., Management Groups and Committees) to keep up to date on key business matters and provide the right challenge to ensure risks are appropriately identified, discussed and timely remediation plans are put in place.
- Review management information and reports regularly to keep up to date with key trends within the business.
- Develop and execute dynamic risk-based audit plans/advisory reviews to address high-risk areas within the Group including understanding business processes and underlying systems, conducting interviews and process walkthroughs, and performing audit procedures to assess the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the key business processes.
- Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations and onward reporting of closure status, tracking and monitoring audit issues raised through internal audit assignments, external auditors, tax authority inspections and/ or any other assurance provider.
- Prepare accurate, logical, and detailed workpapers clearly describing all audit work done and exceptions raised, and conclusions reached.
- Perform audit assignments as per the audit plan and prepare quality audit reports clearly describing the key findings and make practical recommendations for improvement based on emerging issues/risks.
- Conduct forensic audits and investigations in cases of frauds, losses, irregularities, and malpractices as may be required.
- Ensure all investigation and forensic audits are performed in a conscientious manner incorporating careful application of professional standards and observation of relevant legal requirements and rules of professional conduct.
- Conduct full inspection/audit/spot checks of all regions, branches, and departments at least once in a financial year (including outsourced audits)
Controls and Documentation
- Develop and maintain comprehensive business and financial process documentation including flow charts, process narratives and risk and control matrices, segregation of duties matrixes and any others required
- Regularly monitor control performance of business controls in high-risk areas (including revenue assurance to prevent income leakage across product lines) for timely and effective execution
- Develop and deliver training, tailored to audience at various levels and business function regarding impact of internal controls & compliance
- Periodically make proposals for the review of group policies and procedures (e.g., the Group Finance Manual and Group Credit Policy) or for the introduction of new policies to strengthen controls in identified areas. This covers the entire Group operations and calls for thorough understanding of all the Group's operations.
- Co-ordinate the implementation within the business of new policies, procedures or controls pertaining to authority and limits as well as access security/master data
- Formulate and implement Internal Audit policies and operations manuals; coordinate the implementation of internal audit strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct monthly review of all functional checklist
- Verify compliance with all the relevant legislation and regulatory requirement. This calls for regular updates with all the relevant legislation and statutory requirements affecting the group.
- Build effective working relationships and trust with business partners across the organization.
- Liaise with regulators, external auditors, affiliates and outsources service provider.
- Operate within the budget for the department
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- A bachelor's or a Post-graduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Professional qualification e.g., CPA(K), ACCA, CISA. CFA, CIA or equivalent.
- 10 years' experience in finance auditing preferably with a consulting organisation, Big-4 accounting firm; which should involve leading a team.
- Hands-on expert knowledge and successful track record of the following:
- Financial Controls
- Treasury and credit controls
- Financial regulatory reporting
- Tax both direct and indirect taxes.
- Track record of performing work independently with minimal supervision and meeting stretch timelines; comfortable to deal with ambiguity and solve problems.
- Specialized skills in IT audit, or data analytics audit experience would be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to our offices, branches in East Africa. Initial years may involve up to 50% expected travel time.
- Willingness to obtain or in possession of the Internal Auditor certification (CIA).
- Regional/Pan African experience would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of the end-to-end audit process, including risk-based approach.
- Familiarity with fraud risk indicators and investigation techniques.
- Healthy professional scepticism
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- Investigation and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards>
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of financial statements
- Excellent written communication skills; report writing
- Highly motivated.
- Reliable and high level of integrity and able to deal with confidential information.
- Curious, inquisitive, and able to form an independent opinion.
- Aware of and able to deal with cultural differences.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may forward their CV's & application letters to: email@example.com stating the subject heading "SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR" by 11th September 2022. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Any further enquiries may be addressed to the Human Resource Office.
SGA recruitment policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality. Those who attempt to canvass will be disqualified from the process.