- SGA Tanzania has emerged overall best services provider in 2021 in the mining sector amongst contractors in Local Content Performance as per the Mining Act Cap 123. SGA received the winner’s Trophy and a Certificate of Appreciation during the Minerals Night Gala organized by Ministry of Minerals at Mlimani City Hall, Dar es salaam on 23rd February 2022. The top winner’s awards was presented to SGA by the Guest of Honour, the Former President of Tanzania, Hon. Dr. Jakaya Kikwete, during the ceremony.
- This Tanzania Local Content Performance Award to SGA came after the company won five other prestigious awards in 2021: the top award in the category of electronic security technology and security services providers in Mining sector by the Ministry of Minerals and Tantrade, the Most preferred Security Company of the year in Tanzania and in Eastern Africa by Consumer Choice Awards Africa and the Platinum Award for the Quality Excellence Award for the Best Loyalty Team of the Year in East Africa and Best Security Company in East Africa by The East Africa Brand Quality Awards.
- The Minerals Night Gala was attended by several stakeholders of mining sector. The Ceremony aimed to facilitate the mobilization the mining sector stakeholders and government appreciation of the contribution of the local companies’ participation in the mining sector. The event was also decorated with various activities including demonstrations of minerals, decorations, shows, videos and pictures.
- Dr. Kikwete congratulated The Minister of Minerals – Dr. Dotto Biteko for his initiative to create a fair business environment for investors in the mining sector hence more investment in production to ensure the country benefit from its natural resources it is endowed with.
- As per the Mining Regulations, all companies operating in the mining sector are required to submit their Local Content Plan and Performance to the Mining Commission. The Mining Commission reviews all submissions to confirm compliance and if they meet their responsibility by ensuring the implementation of Local Content Plan in compliance with the specification and requirement of the Mining Act Cap 123 in reference to Local Content Performance.
- SGA won in the Local Content Performance category, which requires that a company must be registered and operating here in Tanzania, with 20% of the local ownership/ share for Tanzanian, total employment available for Tanzanian, the total Tanzanian present in top Company Management, the succession plan for Expatriate staff, Company CSR programmes among other criteria. It was a stringent criteria and SGA emerged tops.
- SGA Sales & marketing Manager, Ms. Faustina Shoo, while receiving the award, explained that stated that SGA is honoured to be recognized with this prestigious First Place Award in Local Content performance by the Government Through Ministry of Minerals. “It is a privilege as these awards reinforces not only SGA’s commitment to being fully compliant with Government Regulatory requirement including Mining (Local Content) Regulation, 2018 requirements which backs in supporting sustainable safety and security for our customers and our Tanzanian community by providing the best innovative security solutions”, she added. She explained that SGA contributes to the community by employing from the locality it operates and donates to several projects that support community services and also creates a source of revenue to the government. “Our mission complements the government efforts that ensures overall safer environment for everyone to live in and do business, something that we are proud of the achievement attained”, she said.
- SGA was the oldest private security company to operate in Tanzania and it has proven that taking care of staff in the key to succeeding in security business. Additionally, SGA is proud to be certified ISO 18788 on Security Management Operations System, a first for any security company operating in Tanzania. But also, SGA has maintained its ISO 9001 certification on Quality Management System since 2001 and ISO 45001 Standard for Occupational Health and Safety.
- SGA Tanzania Managing Director, Mr Eric Sambu, congratulated his team for winning another great award and acknowledged the Board of Directors for constant support and review of compliance to all laws and regulations. “As a team, we believe that compliance is our license to operate and we scan the environment for every bit of regulations and set up systems to ensure that we are fully comply”, he added. He commended his team for their hard work towards achievement of the Local Content Performance Award and also appreciate the high support we are received from government officials which has facilitated a friendly environment hence creating more employment and we pay the government tax and other statutory fees on time.
SGA Tanzania Managing Director – Eric Sambu – receiving the award at SGA HQ from Faustina Shoo – SGA Sales & Marketing Manager
Some SGA team group photo with Trophy and certificate of Appreciation at SGA Head Office